Substitute Teaching Information
- A complete Substitute Teacher Application, including references;
- A signed Criminal History Check form for G-CCSC and completion of an online extended reference check, with a $29 fee;
- A Substitute Teacher’s Certificate or an Indiana Teacher’s License;
- If you do not have either, you need a completed Substitute Teacher Certificate Application. Log on to the Indiana Department of Education website (www.doe.in.gov/educatorlicensing/LVIS.html). Access LVIS, create a profile, and select the substitute license option from the pull-down menu on the Add Application page. Complete the process and pay for the application.
- Three (3) different tax forms upon employment for payroll, one requires that we see your Driver’s License, Social Security card, Birth Certificate or Valid Passport;
- View the Health and Safety training video.
For more information contact:
Substitute Teacher Coordinator
Greenfield-Central Community School Corp.
317.477.4101 to leave a message
As a Substitute Teacher for Greenfield-Central, there are three basic requests made by our classroom teachers repeatedly:
- Do your best to follow the lesson plans. If you do not understand any directions, ask a nearby teacher for help. Do not take it upon yourself to add or omit plans, and do not take students for extra recess or “fieldtrips” within the building.
- Always keep the class quiet and under control. Other classes around you should not be disrupted by noise from your room. Handle discipline problems with calm patience. Report any problems to the building principal.
- Always leave the classroom teacher a note about how the day went. Include who was absent, behavior problems, and what lessons were not completed due to lack of time.