We are aware that a case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been confirmed in Marion County. G-CCSC will continue to work closely with local and state health organizations to keep our students and staff healthy and safe. We are poised to follow their recommendations and directives and will communicate those steps to our school community.
Custodians, teachers, and staff continue to work together to help prevent the spread of germs by continuously disinfecting classrooms and reminding students about the importance of proper hygiene. Our custodial staff are focusing extra attention this weekend on sanitizing high traffic areas in buildings and ensuring that handwashing supplies are consistently checked, refilled, and kept in stock. Bus drivers are using disinfectant spray and wiping all surfaces after each route.
You can help by following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) preventive measures to control the spread of COVID-19. These include
- Staying home when sick and avoiding close contact with sick people. Any student with a fever should remain at home until they are “fever free” for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol after eating, using the restroom, coughing, sneezing, or touching your face.
- Avoiding touching your mouth, nose or eyes with unwashed hands and sharing drinks, food, and facial products.
- Practicing respiratory etiquette by covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve. Throw away the tissue and then properly wash or sanitize your hands.
- Routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched surfaces using cleaning/disinfection products according to the product label. Use a disinfectant wipe to sanitize devices and keyboards and buff dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Discouraging handshaking, high-fives, and other forms of close contact.
- Seeking assistance from your doctor or a health professional if you see or experience symptoms that cause concern.
We will continue to monitor this situation and communicate information to our school community moving forward. The most updated information about COVID-19, including tips to prepare your home, from the CDC can be accessed online here. Information from the Indiana State Department of Health website can be found here.
Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation