Coronavirus (COVID-19) Letter
Dear G-CCSC Families,
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) have communicated information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have encouraged all citizens, businesses, and schools to prepare for possible disruptions due to the potential spread of the virus in the United States.
Currently, there are no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our schools. G-CCSC works closely with local and state health organizations to keep our students healthy and safe. If we should have a case at some point in time, we will follow their recommendations and directives and will communicate those steps to our school community. We will utilize virtual learning resources for students in the event that our schools are closed for an extended period of time.
Our custodial staff at all schools are focusing extra attention on sanitizing high traffic areas and commonly used surfaces including counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, light switches, keyboards, and tablets. Please know that our custodians, teachers and staff are all working together to help prevent the spread of germs by continuously disinfecting their classrooms and reminding students about the importance of proper hygiene.
Health experts recommend the following to prevent the spread of a respiratory virus:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Throw used tissues away in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay away from people who are sick or not feeling well and avoid close contact with others through hugging, kissing or shaking hands.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as toys and doorknobs.
- Seek assistance from your doctor or a health professional if you see or experience symptoms that cause concern.
- Any student with a fever should remain at home until they are “fever free” for 24 hours without fever reducing medications.
We will continue to monitor this situation and communicate information to our school community moving forward. The most updated information about COVID-19 from the CDC can be accessed online at this link. Information from the Indiana State Department of Health website can be found here.
Thank you for your partnership in keeping our students, staff and community healthy.
Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation